Military Central House
The palace was built on the site of the old Sarindar monastery; the fountain in front of the palace bears its name.
During the 1919 German occupation of Bucharest in the First World War, the building's interiors were devastated. After the end of the war, the palace was officially inaugurated in 1923. During the communist period, the name was replaced with "Central House of the Army". In 1989, it was renamed the "National Military Circle".
Today, the National Military Circle is considered a historic and architectural monument.